- Men - Generally, this is a suit although you may get by with a shirt and tie if the position is in a more casual setting. Always dress better than what the employees wear on a daily basis and it is always better to be over dressed than under dressed.
- Women - Business suit or a nice top (with sleeves) and slacks or skirt.
- Darker colors (blue, black, grey, etc.)
- Minimal jewelry (small earrings, one ring, small necklace, etc.)
- Hair should be well groomed and not contain bold colors or highlights
- No bright colors
- Women - clothes should not be low cut or above the knee
- Men - clothes should fit well and be pressed
- Very minimal cologne/perfume; none is better
This may seem to be a lot of guidelines that shouldn't make a difference in your ability to perform the functions of the position, but the first impression you make on an interview team may determine whether or not you are hired. You do not want to be remembered for dressing inappropriately for an interview.