Characteristics of a great applicant
- Well dressed, well groomed, smiles, professional demeanor
- Answers questions thoroughly and relates to the position description
- Appears prepared for questions and not easily flustered
- Asks well thought out questions at the end of the interview
- Would you tell me(us) a little about yourself?
- No personal information. Spend about two minutes discussing your qualifications that match up with the position description. This is your best chance to lay your best cards on the table.
- Describe an asset that lines up directly with a desired/required skill from the position description.
- A major concern for employers is hiring someone that is looking for a layover on their way to a better opportunity. Always include the employer in your plan and make sure they feel you are commited to them for at least the timeframe in the question.
- As you can probably guess, the only wrong answer is "no". Research the company to develop well thought out and relavent questions. You should always have between three and five questions.